Saturday, March 25, 2006

Not Much...

...has been happening lately. I haven't had much time to blog or much to blog about. I did recently buy a laptop computer. As soon as we get some sort of internet access at home, I'm sure my blogging will step up a pace. Sarah and I have been so busy lately, we haven't had time for creativity and that is killing us. We used to find time at least once a week to do some sort of creative act...paint, collage, write, etc. But lately, with the wedding, honeymoon, and life in general, it's been difficult to find the time. I am hoping to devote some time to creativity on Monday. I need it badly. It's funny. I just read a book in which the entire world got a glimpse of their future. One guy found out that he never becomes a famous writer and kills himself. What a joke. True artists don't pursue their art for fame and fortune. They do it because they have to. It's like a fire in their bones that has to come out. If they do become famous or pick up some financial gain from it...that's wonderful...but it can't be the reason we do it. It's almost like the famous cliche...when they asked the mountain climber why he climbed the mountain, he responded, "Because it's there." Well, we make art because it's not there...yet.

No comments: