Sunday, December 02, 2007

White Snow, White Elephants and Winterland

Sarah and I attended a Christmas party/auction on Saturday night. It's an annual event among some of the folks at church. People bring wrapped gifts of value and they bid on them. They can also steal them "white elephant" style. It was fun. It was still snowing but we drove to Everett and rode over with Marshall and Joan in their 4-wheel drive SUV. I'm glad we did that because these folks lived out in the boonies (for Seattle) in a magnificently macked out log cabin. The roads were a bit too much for our jeep.
We didn't do any bidding (on purpose). Marshall and I sat in the back quietly (we thought) making snarky comments as the auction proceeded. At one point I guess we got a little loud and almost accidentally bid on something. It was funny and scary all at the same time.
The food was fabulous. I don't eat like that anymore but I made an exception last night. It was quite tasty. I, of course, paid for it today but not as badly as I thought it might be.
It was nice to have a little fun before the week begins. The musical is in full swing now and we have major rehearsals the first of the week. First performance is Thursday night. We're not quite ready but we're getting there. It should be fun...it's just going to be an exhausting week trying to juggle work, cat care, and the musical. Thank goodness they're feeding us every night. That's one less thing to worry about.
So, if you don't get too many blog entries this week it's because I'll be elbow deep in Winterland. I'll try to chime in from time to time and I'll catch you up when it's all said and done.

No comments: