Monday, January 11, 2010

Booklist

The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien
I'm not going to post a synopsis because if you don't know what The Hobbit is about by now, you've been living on Mars. After attending the LOTR marathon w/ friends the day after Christmas, I decided it was time for me to re-read the trilogy. Luckily, my wife still has her set from the 70's (same set I had but I have no idea where mine got off to). The set includes The Hobbit so I figured that's the best place to start. I haven't read The Hobbit in a long time and it surprised me how wonderful it still is. It's such a great story, so charming and enchanting. I enjoyed entering Middle Earth again. It really makes me anticipate the Del Toro movie all the more although I don't really understand why it has to be 2 movies. I think one movie would suffice. After all, we all know the movie's going to be 3 hours or more.

Pearls Sells Out: A Pearls Before Swine Treasury by Stephan Pastis
I got my wife 3 of these treasuries for Christmas so I decided to read one of them. Pastis is not right in the head...in a good way. Funny stuff!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Been reading Pearls for years... I love 'em. I get it daily by email from comics.com.

goob44 said...

The Hobbit's one of my favorites. I can't get my oldest to read it, and actually can't fimd my copy now - it was rather worn and dog-eared.
I'm looking forward to the movie(s).