Monday, March 21, 2011

Booklist

Ghost of a Chance by Simon R. Green - I love Green's Nightside series but this new series starts badly for me. Slow pace + uninteresting characters = bad. I may give it one more book since I didn't like the first Nightside book but love the rest of the series.

The Gates by John Connolly - This book was fun and even though the story was only an inch deep, it was well-written.

Essential Marvel Team-Up: Volume 3 - Enjoyed re-reading some of my faves from childhood especially the stories drawn by John Byrne.

Essential Werewolf by Night: Volumes 1 & 2 - Again, re-reading stuff I loved as a kid. This one doesn't hold up as well.

Essential Fantastic Four: Volumes 1, 2 & 3 - I bought these at Comicon because they were dirt cheap and collect the classic stories by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby. Fun stuff.

Begat: The King James Bible and the English Language by David Crystal - I only made it halfway thru this. It was interesting but very, very dry. I was hoping it would inspire some new collages but...it didn't.

No comments: