Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Booklist

Sea Hunter by Paul Garrison - In this book, a seasoned charter boat skipper and a wannabe marine filmmaker battle the sea, nature and an evil millionaire who has created the ultimate weapon out of a cross between a dolphin and a killer whale. The clock is ticking as the "killphin's" first test on a nuclear submarine draws near.
I must admit that I'm a sucker for a good sea adventure book. This wasn't it. It was only okay. It seemed very cliche' and I've never read a book with so many typos in my life. Where was the editor? Perhaps I'll pick up another of his books another time...give him another chance. It seems all of his books are about the sea. This one reminded me too much of that old movie "The Day of the Dolphin" with George C. Scott. Weaponizing dolphins is a concept that's been around a long time. I had hoped more could have been done with it. Alas, it was not.

1 comment:

Sarah Burch Gordon said...

Oh- how I do love you, my husband. You are too funny- and well, truthful. Penguins and ale! Here! Here!