Monday, March 12, 2007

Superpowers

On Sunday, our Lifegroup began our discussion of The Incredibles. The week before we were asked to reflect on the question of what superpower we would want to have. I thought about it all week. It was tough to narrow it down to one but I finally did.
When we went around the room, the answers were pretty fun. Of course, I wouldn't let Steve get away with wanting the powers of Q from Star Trek: The Next Generation. That's like saying you want to be God which is basically having every superpower. That's clearly cheating.
When my turn finally rolled around, I explained that I wanted to have power over time. That way I can accomplish everything I want to or sleep a few extra hours if I want to. Never mind the consequences to the rest of the world...it's all about me!
I also explained that that was my practical choice. My total fantasy comic geek choice would be to be like Wolverine. If somebody ticked me off, I could just pop my claws and say, "Back off, bub!" That would be so sweet.

No comments: