Sunday, October 05, 2008

Halloween Countdown: Alice Cooper's TV Special

In 1975, Alice Cooper had a TV special that aired on ABC. It was called The Nightmare and accompanied the release of his Welcome to My Nightmare album. I remember seeing the ads for this when I was a kid but I don't remember if I watched it. I think I might have watched part of it. At any rate, I don't remember the Black Widow sequence.
The 70's were awesome. In what other decade would you have KISS and Alice Cooper in primetime TV specials. That would be like seeing A Marilyn Manson Christmas or Ted Nugent's Thanksgiving Turkey Shoot on major network today.
Okay, so the Nugent thing could happen albeit on Spike or some other weird network and it wouldn't be a special, it would be a reality show.
Ah, progress.

No comments: