Thursday, February 19, 2009

Gee's Bend

We attended Gee's Bend last night with friends and I enjoyed it very much. It's too bad I didn't know about this creative community way back. Pensacola is only a couple of hours from Gee's Bend, AL. Pcola is also only a couple of hours away from Monroeville, AL (the setting of To Kill A Mockingbird) and I've not visited the courthouse there either. I must get my priorities straight.
The performance was packed because there was a talkback after the show with 3 of the quilters from Gee's Bend. It was great to meet them after the show. I got a big ol' southern hug from Revil Mosely. Sarah and I bought a copy of the book and the ladies signed it.
The other great thing that happened last night was that we were informed by our friends that there is a Golden Corral southern buffet in Marysville. First chance I get, I'm driving up there to have some fried chicken. Everybody out here is all about Ezell's but I don't think their chicken is that great. I'm betting GC's is better. I love Seattle but you just can't get good southern food out here unless you make it yourself.

1 comment:

adam said...

you should live in boston...although i do know a great bbq place here but outside of that...nothing.