Friday, March 27, 2009

Booklist

Freddie and Me: A Coming-Of-Age (Bohemian) Rhapsody by Mike Dawson
This graphic novel chronicles Dawson's life framed by his obsession with 70's rock band Queen. I saw this at the library and figured, "What the heck. I might as well give it a go." It was just okay for me. Dawson's art is fine and the story is fine. I just didn't find it particularly that interesting. It did, however, make me want to listen to Queen.
Small Favor: A Novel of the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher
I think I may be done with the Dresden Files books. I slogged thru 3/4 of this, put it down and just couldn't be bothered to pick it back up. I was bored. It just didn't hook me. I absolutely hate that I haven't liked the last few books. I loved the series in the beginning. If you ask me, Butcher has too much on his plate and he's cranking these puppies out too fast. I can't tell you how many grammatical errors and typos I saw. That really gets on my nerves too. In all fairness to Butcher, I have to admit that I haven't liked any of the books dealing with Fae-related storylines. When he's stuck with the vampires, werewolves and ghosts, it's been great. So, I think I might be done. I'll probably see what the next one is about before I make a final decision but it's been a while since I've enjoyed this series.

No comments: