Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Absence of Blogging

I'm sure the less than 10 people who read this blog have noticed that I haven't been as prolific as I used to be. I don't really have an explanation for that other than I haven't felt like writing about anything and I've been devoting more time to art. For those of you who feel as though there's a void in your life, here's a couple of things that have been happening.
- My back has been bothering me a lot lately. I am going to call a chiropractor tomorrow to see if I can get an appointment soon. I'm tired of hurting all the time.
- Saw the new "Star Trek" yesterday. I really, really liked it. It was funny and exciting and the chemistry of the old characters was intact. Can't wait for more. "Wolverine" was just okay.
- Picked up my art from ArtsWest this morning. I sold 3 pieces. Better than nothing but I had hoped for a couple more. Got more shows coming up. We'll see how it goes. At this point I am not framing any new work. It's piling up in a drawer. I'll know when the time is right to bring out the new stuff. Until then, I need to sell the older stuff. I don't have room for it anymore. Maybe it's time to start selling on Etsy.
- We have been trying to rearrange the studio so that we can fit a chair/cot in it for company. Today we bought a new computer desk and I spent a couple of hours putting it together. At a crucial point, one of the hinges broke. It was frustrating but it helped me decide that the desk we had bought wasn't going to be a good one. I didn't feel good about the strength of the hinges when I started putting them on and I guess I was right. The only problems now are: when will we have time to return it and what will we get in its place.
Well, that's all I can think of. I hope this helps you fill the Marty void in your life. If you actually have a Marty void, you should get out more.
Until next time...

1 comment:

becca said...

well... I don't know that I have a 'Marty void', but I had missed the regular blogging. ;)
But, I'm glad you're getting a chance to do more art. That's excellent.
Sorry about your back- Jake's having a lot of back pain right now, too. And I've been relying on him to do a lot of carrying since my surgery. Got to stop that.
Beth & I have talked about doing Etsy, too. We just haven't committed the time to figuring it out, and creating a Paypal acct. We talked to someone in town about getting a credit card machine, and it's not even remotely feasible for us right now. We'd have to pay a LOT every month, more than we think is practical. So, we'll be trying for a paypal acct. That would be great, 'cuz then we could sell off our website and off Etsy....