Thursday, May 14, 2009

Adventures in Healthcare

For the past couple of days I've been experiencing a significant amount of gas...moreso than my usual GERD related gas. The pain builds in my chest but subsides when I burp. But then the pain builds again and...it's a vicious cycle. Last night, I was having pain enough that it was very uncomfortable so I called the consulting nurse. She told me to call 911. I told her that it wasn't my heart but she insisted so I called. The paramedics came, looked at me, declared that it wasn't my heart but told me to go to the ER and get checked out. So, Sarah and I trekked to Urgent Care in Bellevue. They hooked me up, poked, prodded, drew blood, x-rayed and found no answers. My labs all came back normal and my heart is fine. They gave me Vicadin to help with the pain so I can sleep and Maalox to help reduce the symptoms. They also referred me to a gastroenterologist. I have an appointment next Monday. I really hope they can figure this out. I'm tired of not feeling well.
I return to the chiro tomorrow afternoon. When it rains, it pours.

No comments: