Sunday, November 22, 2009

Booklist

The Guinea Pig Diaries: My Life as an Experiment by A. J. Jacobs
For his first book, The Know-It-All, A. J. Jacobs read the entire Encyclopædia Britannica from cover to cover in a quest to learn everything in the world. In The Year of Living Biblically, he followed every single rule of the Bible -- from the Ten Commandments right on down to stoning adulterers.
Now comes a collection of his most hilarious and thought-provoking experiments yet. In his role as human guinea pig, Jacobs fearlessly takes on a series of life-altering challenges that provides readers with equal parts insight and humor. (And which drives A.J.'s patient wife, Julie, to the brink of insanity.)

I really, really, really like Jacob's books. This guy is really going out of his way to make sense of life. He thinks way outside the box and he doesn't really care (well, I'm sure he cares a little) what people think of his weird experiments. He's like a mad scientist of humanity. I can't wait to see what he does next.
I'm not an in-depth book reviewer. I merely put these entries out there so I can keep track of what I've read and so I can recommend these books to those few of you who read my scribblings. I highly recommend you grab anything Jacobs has written and devour it. You won't regret a single moment.

No comments: