Saturday, April 09, 2011

Art Update

Since last night was Greenwood's Artwalk I figure this is as good a time as any to do an art update. Here goes.

- Shows continue to line up. I am booked pretty much thru July. I am also working on some images for some mail art projects.

- Last night, I talked to my new friend Matt Harrison about his documentary Citizen Heroes: The Rise of the Rain City Superhero Movement. Matt and his crew showed up at Tasty for the March superhero-themed show to film Phoenix Jones. I was wearing my Super Jesus costume so they ended up filming me in front of the stained glass window on the Lutheran church across the street. Matt showed me some of the footage last night and said he was very pleased with how it came out. He said he's pretty certain I'll make it in the film. How cool would that be? Whether I make it in or not, I'm still looking forward to seeing the film when it's finished.

- Speaking of Super Jesus, I'm probably going to wear the costume again for a possible opening in May. It will be a Jesus-centric show featuring my Christ collages. More details to come.

- My work is going to be included in a book that will be published in 2012. It's called Modern Vintage Illustration. That's really all I know at this point. I'm also trying to nail down a photo shoot of our studio for a future book about artists and their studios and I've sent images and info to an artist friend for a magazine article he's working on. More great publicity when all these things hit the streets.

Not much else to tell. My art making has slowed a bit of late but it's been more about shifting gears than not having time. I feel like my art might want to move in a different direction but I'm still feeling that situation out. Also in the works is a future revamp of the studio to make more space. Sarah and I are also going to revamp the apartment a bit w/ some new furniture. All of this will probably happen around the same time. So, as you can see, things are still busy and happening. Sales aren't what I'd like them to be but that's the nature of the business and the economy. More later as there's more to share.

No comments: