Thursday, September 29, 2005

Booklist

Every Which Way But Dead by Kim Harrison - A witch bounty hunter deals with demons, vampires, elf crimelords and obstinate pixies in this third book of "The Hollows" series. This one was hard to get through. Very difficult. Not much happened in the beginning...at least not enough to keep me interested. Too much lovy-dovy crap with the Kisten character. I mean, this is supposed to be a supernatural thriller not a Harlequin romance. Look at the cover. All it needs is Fabio dipping the heroine in preparation for a lover's kiss. Give me a freakin' break. The first 2 books were surprisingly good. Good action. I was skeptical because most female authors scimp on action and go for the romance. Well, it took her to the third book and now she's pulling out the romance. Don't need that. I read to escape. I want action and characters I can get into. That's it. I'm not too fussy. It's not like I read philosophy or theology texts to show how smart I am. When I read...it's to get away from the world for a bit. That's it. So c'mon you writers out there...give me something I can escape into.

No comments: