Saturday, October 07, 2006

Mart Art

Sarah and I went down to a hotel near the airport to meet her aunt and uncle. They are in town for an organ (as in musical instrument) convention. Nice folks. We had a good time with them. We also met Klaus, a man from Germany who makes unique organ lights. He apparently does well because he drives a Lotus and has a summer house in Tuscany. Well, it's tough to play well in the dark so...good for you, Klaus!
When we got home, I had received a couple of checks in the mail. Seems I sold some artwork at the gallery in the market. The two pieces that sold were ones that I did not like at all. They just didn't turn out the way I would have liked so I put them down at the gallery hoping for a sell. Maybe I should do some more crappy art. The good stuff doesn't seem to be moving.
Actually that's not true. A friend of mine from back home also sent me a check. She is buying two of my collages. We actually stopped by IKEA on the way to the airport to buy some frames for them. I'll get those put together and in the mail to her as soon as possible.
I'm hoping to put the money aside and save enough for an MP3 player of some kind. I also have my eye on a new djembe so I hope I can keep on selling that art.

No comments: