Wednesday, September 12, 2007

9-11

Sarah and I watched United 93 last night. It's the first time either of us has watched any of the films based on the events of 9-11. I almost didn't pick it up at the library but I figured it was time to watch it. As I already knew, it was difficult to watch. It brought all the events of that day flooding back to me. But the movie was well made and smart, oh so smart. Casting unknowns and little-knowns made the film so much more about the people and not some big star. Great choice. I can't think of a single thing wrong with the film. Despite my initial knee-jerk reaction to hate the villains, I think it was a bold choice to portray the hijackers as very human. All in all, it's a very human movie. I'm glad I watched it but I will not be watching it again.

No comments: