Thursday, January 31, 2008

Booklist

The Store by Bentley Little
The premise of this book was simple enough: what if a huge store (like Wal-Mart or Target) was secretly a cult. Well, I was curious so when I saw it at Goodwill I picked it up. It was an easy read and fairly entertaining. The way Little sets it all up seems somewhat feasible but the biggest question your mind asks as you read is: Could this really happen? Hard to say. It's a weird world we live in today. The strangeness of life boggles my mind on a daily basis. I am constantly freaked out by the odd things that people get away with.
So, watch out. If a place called The Store opens up in your town...stay away. Better yet, move! But that probably wouldn't work. You can't get away from...The Store. Mwah-ha-ha.
Yes, I am very tired this week. How did you know?

No comments: