Monday, August 24, 2009

Booklist

Deep Fathom by James Rollins
Ex-Navy SEAL Jack Kirkland surfaces from an aborted underwater salvage mission to find the Earth burning. Solar flares have triggered a series of gargantuan natural disasters. Earthquakes and hellfire rock the globe. Air Force One has vanished from the skies with America's president on board. Now, with the U.S. on the narrow brink of a nuclear apocalypse, Kirkland must pilot his oceangoing exploration ship, Deep Fathom, on a desperate mission miles below the ocean's surface. There devastating secrets await him—and a power an ancient civilization could not contain has been cast out into modern day. And it will forever alter a world that's already racing toward its own destruction.
This is a re-read. I first read it years ago when it first came out...when I was first introduced to Rollins' books. I liked his stories back then. I don't like the books he's written lately. It seems too much like he jumped on the Da Vinci Code bandwagon. I remember really liking this book when I first read it...enough so that I thought a series with the Kirkland character would have been good. I didn't enjoy it much on the second read. I found myself skipping alot. Oh well. I ran out of library books and had to grab something around the house. I'll try not to let that happen again.

No comments: