Monday, February 15, 2010

Booklist

The Fellowship of the Ring by J. R. R. Tolkien
My reading has slowed down quite a bit of late. I think it's a combo of not having anything interesting to read and being too tired to read at bedtime (which is the only time I read). That being said, I did polish off the first book of LOTR along with a couple of Pearls Before Swine treasuries since my last book update. LOTR remains a tough read for me. It's a good story but I get bogged down in all of Tolkein's descriptions of things. I am much more interested in character development and dialogue. I am now beginning to understand why Peter Jackson made some of the choices he did in the movie. I may move on and finish up the trilogy but I'm going to take a break and read some other stuff first.

1 comment:

jon p. said...

Two Towers is rough because unlike the movie, the two story lines are told separately in each half of the book. Every time I tried to read the trilogy, I always got bogged down in Two Towers. But press through, though because Return of the King is really good.