Monday, February 15, 2010

Life in General

Since I don't blog as often, I thought I'd catch you up on all things Marty.

- On the art front, things are going well. I had a great show at Corridor Gallery on my birthday. Many people came and went. I exposed my art to a bunch of new folks and sold a few works. I have also lined up another show because of it. Masters: Collage, the book that will feature selections of my work, will be out in June. I'm sure this will be a boost and it's especially cool because one of my images is on the cover. The only other thing I'm trying to accomplish is getting an Etsy shop open so I can sell my work online. I hope to have it up and running in a couple weeks. We'll see.

- We've moved back into the theatre after the fire damage. There's still a lot to do but I think we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. At least I'm back doing my regular job again. Having no routine for 3 months threw off my groove something fierce.

- Socially, things were pretty great over the holidays. We spent a lot of time with friends and it was great. Unfortunately, after the holidays were over, people returned to their busy lives and the social fun ceased. I'm beginning to think I should just give up the pursuit of close friendships and either learn to survive on shallow relationships or become a hermit. The hermit thing looks the most attractive to me right now.

- The bad news is...I'm tired of bad news. Folks with cancer, relatives dying, blah, blah, blah. Again, the whole hermit thing is looking mighty good right about now.

Well, I guess that's all the news that's fit to print. I'll chime in if anything significant happens. Otherwise, I'll probably working on art and laying low as much as possible.

No comments: