Friday, May 12, 2006

Bill and Jane Reese

Some of you may have noticed the "Bill Reese Update" link that I've recently added and wondered, "What's that all about?" Well, Bill has liver cancer and isn't doing too well so my good friend Jon has created a website for updates so that those of us near and far can keep up with Bill's progress.
I met Bill and Jane at seminary. They were, as was I, a part of The Company, Southwestern Seminary's touring drama team. They were coming in as I was moving out so we never travelled together and shared that close bond that is called the seminary van. But I love Bill and Jane. Even though I haven't seen them since 1995, I will always consider them friends. They are the kind of people that you want to be around all the time. They are loving and kind and fun and just all around "good folks." They are in my thoughts and prayers daily.
So, that's the situation. I have meant to write about them sooner but it was hard to figure out what to say. It was difficult to figure out what to put in the card I sent them. I mean, what do you say? I've never been good at this stuff. I just hope that even through the awkward scribbles that I wrote in their card, my concern showed through. If I were there, I could help in a tangible way. As it is, I am stuck in Seattle watching and praying like so many other long distance friends. God, heal Bill. Amen.

No comments: