Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Booklist

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J. K. Rowling - This is a second read for me. I enjoyed it even more than the first time. I picked up on things I didn't see the first time. If there's someone out there writing as enjoyable stories as J. K. Rowling, please let me know. I want to read them.
Boneyard Volumes 1-4 by Richard Moore - A strange little comic book collection that I discovered in the library a while back. The basic jist is this: Michael Paris inherits a cemetary that is inhabited by all sorts of benevolent monsters. The town wants it destroyed but Paris finds that the monsters are quite nice so he decides to save it so that they will have a place to live. Madness ensues. Among the many adventures so far...a monster swimsuit calendar to raise funds to save the cemetary, Lilith (yes, that Lilith) attacks Abbey (the vampire chick), and Nessie (sexy swamp thing) is bitten by a zombie. It's all quite bizarre and a lot of fun.
Grafitti World: Street Art from Five Continents by Nicholas Ganz - This is an art book so there aren't many words but oh, the pictures. I love grafitti art. Um...let me clarify that. I love great grafitti art. There's a difference between that which defaces and that which beautifies. I like the stuff that is so good it's gorgeous. There are some talented grafitti artists in the world and this book covers them all. I checked this one out of the library but one day a copy of it will be mine.

No comments: