Sunday, September 28, 2008

Go Fly A Kite

This afternoon we decided to spend some time at the beach. It was a super nice day and we don't know how many more of those we'll get so we thought we'd take advantage. We took our new beach chairs that Sarah's parents gave us. They have canopies that fold up and over. Very nice.
We were joined at the beach by friends Adam and Heather and were surprised that Adam's parents were visiting from Florida. They also brought their sweet dog Butterbean. I went back to the jeep for a blanket for everyone to sit on and while there I remembered that we had a kite in the back that we'd never used so I grabbed it. There were tons of folks flying kites today so I thought I'd give it a go. It only took a few minutes to get ready and it was flying in no time.
After our relaxing time with the wind and waves, we went to our friend's house for a wonderful meal. Great food...absolutely. Now I am tired and will retire soon. Sarah and I are both off tomorrow so it should be a pretty lazy day other than I have to go have a CT scan done on my sinuses.

No comments: