Sunday, October 16, 2005

Booklist

Monster by Frank Peretti - A "monster" is killing people in the wilderness of the Pacific Northwest. A woman, out hiking with her husband, is kidnapped, presumably by the beast, and soon a manhunt begins. What is the "monster?" Read the book and find out. I found this to be a fairly slow read. Some parts were more enjoyable than others. I find it hard to talk about it without providing spoiler info. I'll just say it involves evolution, creationism, and the legend of the Sasquatch.
The Magician's Nephew by C. S. Lewis - The beginnings of Narnia are explained in this book as Digory and Polly embark on the adventure of a lifetime. It's interesting to start with this one. I've read "LWW" but I am re-reading it and reading all the others that I never read. Although interesting, it's not necessary to know how Narnia began or how the witch came to be there. It's just enough to revel in the magical world of Lewis' creative mind.

No comments: