Sunday, October 30, 2005

Summersalt and Other Writing News

Well, it's almost confirmed. On the 6th I will fly out to South Carolina to help write next year's Summersalt script. I was skeptical. I didn't think it would happen that they would actually fly me all the way from Seattle back to SC for this. I am humbled by the thought that they believe I contribute so much to the process that it's worth it to fly me across the country. What a boost for my flagging self-esteem. So, I should leave on the 6th and come back on the 10th. And then I start tech rehearsals for "Scrooge." Things are about to get busy.
Related to my writing, I just sold another script to Lifeway. I am very appreciative of Matt and his interest in my writing. Of course, it's important for me to maintain my present attitude which is that I don't do it to sell scripts...I do it because I have to. I write and make art in general because this stuff is inside me and it has to come out. If it doesn't, there will be found a stain of blood and letters where I exploded. Nice imagery, huh?

No comments: