Monday, October 09, 2006

And Now For Something Completely Different...

I bought this postcard at an antique shop in Fremont. It's so groovy! As much as the picture makes me laugh, it's really all about the opposite side for me...the side where the pen meets the paper...where one person reached out to make a connection with another person. There's a story told by each of these old postcards that I'm finding. In this particular case, the Sharon from the photo is the one who sent the postcard. The message reads:
Hi stranger,
Just wanted to keep in touch. We open in N.Y.C. at the Americana on April 19th thru May 8th. Hope to see you. Take care and Happy Easter.
Love, Sharon

The postmark date is April 13, 1976 and it was sent from Gary, Indiana. I am going to create a piece of art from this postcard so look for it to show up on my gallery page in the near future. I'm almost tempted to also write a story about it. There is a story here, a story that begins with questions. How did these guys get started? Why is Sharon the star? Who picked out the wardrobe? Was Sharon romantically linked to any of these guys? Where are they now?
See. If you ever run out of things to write about, pick up a postcard and tell the story.

No comments: