Tuesday, June 16, 2009

DC Trip: part two






Okay, so we left off having spent Thursday in downtown DC. On Friday, we slept in, had a leisurely breakfast and then headed out for a little adventure. We went to Mount Vernon so Sarah could check on "her house." It was definitely more her thing than mine but that's cool. It was interesting to see where George and Martha hung their hats.
After that, we headed to Alexandria. We grabbed a bite to eat on the river and then hit the Torpedo Factory which is an old torpedo factory turned into artist spaces. Needless to say I loved it. I felt right at home there. One artist I talked to told me, "You need to be here." I wish I was. It was very cool. Unlike the artist spaces and artwalks in Seattle, this one is open nearly every day.
After that we headed back to their house. After supper we dragged out the karaoke machine and the girls finally abandoned Butch and I to our "stroll down musical memory lane." We finally gave up as well and hung out in the basement watching "Oh Brother Where Art Thou." I drank a little too much Bailey's and remembered why I avoided drinking.
The next day was pretty lazy. We just hung around the house and got ready for the cookout that night. Butch, Sarah and I went to see my friend Karen's oldest son play soccer. He scored the only 2 goals in the game so it was a good game to see. Later we all convened at Butch and Cindy's for the cookout.
We had a great time hanging out, eating and telling stories. Some friends of B & C came over as well and they were very funny. After dinner we adjourned to the basement for some karaoke and looking thru Karen's old photos. We found some good ones. I haven't laughed that hard in a long, long time. It was great. We half-heartedly sang a few karaoke tunes and then decided to call it a night since it was 2am.
Stay tuned for part three.

No comments: