Thursday, October 13, 2005

Catch Up Time

Here are just a few things that are going on right now.
- I'm temping at 5th Ave. Theatre in downtown Seattle. The plus for this is I get paid hourly and I'm getting comp tickets to "Sweeney Todd." That's good because Sarah and I wanted to go but couldn't afford it.
- I had a job interview at Bethany Community Church yesterday. The position is Admin. Asst/Receptionist. A very uncreative job but pays ok with benefits and it's full-time. They wanted to know if it would bother me to do mundane stuff and not be creative. Heck, I just need a job and working for a church for $10/hr is better than working for some crappy corporate retail hell more or less the same. At least it is a job of substance and eternal reward. I hope I get it.
- Sarah's cat, Max, has been acting weird of late so we took him to the vet yesterday. He seems healthy enough but they did blood work and will let us know today. He's hiding out alot and eating little and won't let Sarah have anything to do with him. (And he's an affectionate kitty usually)
- I've signed on to run sound for the Christmas production at Taproot which means my free time until the end of the year will be nil. It will be fun and good experience but it will stretch me (perhaps farther than I want to go) and burn my candles at both ends. (unless I don't find a day job for some reason)
Guess that's it for now. I miss blogging on a daily basis. I am journaling at night before bed but it's hard to get much done because I'm so tired and I want to leave time for reading. SIGH. I need more time for creativity in my life.

No comments: