Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Booklist

Proven Guilty: Book 8 of the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher - "Harry Dresden has spent years being watched and suspected by the White Council's Wardens. But now he is a Warden, and it sucks more than he thought... So when movie monsters start coming to life on his watch, it's officially up to him to put them back where they came from. Only this time, his client is the White Council, and his investigation cannot fail -- no matter who falls under suspicion, no matter the cost."*
I love the Dresden Files! I wait anxiously for each one to come out and then wait even longer to be able to get it out of the library. (Hey...books ain't cheap) This is book 8 and I can only think of 2 that were so-so. This one is good. It starts a bit slow but by the end, it's cruising along pretty good. I won't bother going into the storyline. If you haven't been reading these books, you won't understand. You'll have to go back and start from the beginning. I'll just say, get these books and read them. They read like, "What if Harry Potter grew up, moved to Chicago and became a wizard-for-hire."
The Sci-Fi Channel is working on a movie/pilot of these books. I hope they do a good job. I'll look forward to seeing it on DVD since we don't do cable. I know I'm going to have to find the time to read the whole series again from the beginning because I'm starting to forget stuff.
If you like your adventure with a bit of magic, try the Dresden Files. You might be sorry...but I doubt it.

* From the book jacket

No comments: