Saturday, May 10, 2008

Leading Worship and Other Things

Last night I lead worship for the first time in quite a long while. I think it went fine but I was dog tired by the time it was over. Over the last couple of days I've been painting alot at work and it's made my shoulders and arms a bit sore. Add on top of that having to get ready for the 2 artwalks this week and a late night rehearsal on Thursday...well, by the time Friday arrived I was spent. Maybe it was good that I was tired because it may have served to take the edge off my nervousness. I don't know. I was a bit nervous, I guess because I hadn't done the worship thing in a while.
Like I said, I think it went fine. For some reason, my voice was super strong on Thursday night but on Friday night it was starting to give out on me. Thank goodness we had a break between the 2 sets. Today my throat is killing me. I hope it's just from the singing and not something else.
In other news, I don't know what to do about the artwalk that I was supposed to be a part of in Edmonds this Thursday night. It's been months since I heard from the lady who booked me and you would think I would hear from her this week seeing as how the event is less than a week away. No dice. I've sent 2 emails with no response. Oh well. I guess you win a few and lose a few. I guess I could still hear from her but this kind of disorganization really ticks me off.

No comments: