Thursday, May 08, 2008

Wandering Wallingford

Yesterday afternoon found Sarah and I running a bunch of errands...mostly for me. One stop netted me a Neti Pot, a device for rinsing your sinuses. I'm going to try it out. My sinuses have been giving me fits this year. We'll see how it works out. Another stop was to check out a venue for an art show in November. I'll be showing at Johnston Architects near the banks of Lake Union. I know that's a long time away but I like to book as far in advance as possible. It keeps me working.
Our last stop was in Wallingford for the art walk. We arrived way too early so we grabbed a bite to eat at the Rusty Pelican Cafe. The food was very good but the decor is kinda weird. Too similar to the way southern ladies decorate. After food we wandered a bit, checking out what little art we could find. We ended up at the Blue Star (where I had a show earlier in the year) to check in with the Art Parties gang. We hooked up with artist Doug Keith and his wife Beth and wandered a bit more. We ended up back at Not A Number where my stuff was. After a little bit we parted ways and headed home.
We've been wanting to wander thru Wallingford and it was great to finally have an opportunity. It's a pretty cool neighborhood. Seattle is nothing but a collection of interesting neighborhoods. We've explored quite a few of them but we haven't hit them all. I wish there was a neighborhood we could walk thru where we could say, "Gosh, there's a house we can afford." Alas, I have seen no trailer parks in Seattle. Too bad.

No comments: