Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Aslan Is On The Move!

Sarah and I saw the new "Chronicles of Narnia" movie yesterday. It's very good. Very much a children's movie (although the battle at the end is kinda rough for the young ones) but good nonetheless. The one thing that I left the movie with is that the Aslan/Christ comparisons are very much intact. Knowing all that I know, I was moved during the scene of Aslan's sacrifice. It made me think of Christ. I wasn't as happy with the resurrection scene. They moved too quickly and totally left out the part when Lucy, Susan and Aslan rejoice together in play after the great lion comes back to life. It's a great moment in the book. I was also a little miffed that Aslan didn't "leap" during the run to the battle. In the book it describes him as almost flying. I would have liked to have seen that. These changes compare with the changes Peter Jackson made to the "Lord of the Rings" movies. Some are major, some are minor but none take anything away from the enjoyment of watching a good movie.

No comments: