Thursday, July 12, 2007

Booklist

Y: The Last Man - One Small Step by Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra
After a mysterious plague wipes out nearly every male on the planet, Yorick and his pet monkey Ampersand find themselves the last surviving males.
Book 4 finds Yorick and crew going head to head with a group of Arizona militia and Yorick must survive a suicide intervention. I won't waste too much time on this review. It's pretty much the same as the others. I'm happy to be reading this story but it's not the "be all and end all" comic story that I was told it was. If it weren't available at the library, I wouldn't bother. I do like the concept but they just haven't done much with it yet. Maybe the payoff is coming. I hope so. I hope they do a good job with the upcoming movie. It has potential to be great.

No comments: