Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Dog...er...Cat Days

Well, today has been interesting. The hot weather we've been expecting arrived a day ahead of schedule. It's going to be in the 90's for a couple of days here in Seattle. Now, unlike other Seattlites, I'm not complaining. I'm just reporting the facts. See, I remember those hot days back in the south with humidity so thick it's like you're Ed Harris in The Abyss breathing that liquid oxygen. For the most part, Seattle weather is outstanding in the summer. The only drawback is that we don't have air conditioning. No one had air conditioning. You just don't need it out here...except for those couple of days in the summer when it gets really hot. Right now I'm sitting at the computer in our studio with a fan running and I'm pretty comfortable. And the beauty part is...by Sunday it's going to be in the 70's again. Sweet!
On top of the heat, we have a sick kitty. This time it's Max. He got constipated again and we had to take him to the vet to have an enema. The poor little fellow just has too much hair on his bum and it causes some major backups. He's also a bit thin because he doesn't like the new food Mickey is on. So, we got some food for Max to try. Geez, if it's not one it's the other.
And to place a cap on the days events, as I was getting ready this morning the shelf in our closet collapsed. I was trying to hold it up and yelling for Sarah to come help me. She was outside watering plants and couldn't hear me. So, I had to let it all fall. Hopefully our building manager will come and fix it soon. Almost everything from our closet is sitting out in our bedroom now and it's a mess.
I have yet to mention that tonight is the first preview performance (invited dress) for Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. I hope they're ready. I have to go back at 4 to finish cleaning for tonight. Oh, and there are kids camps at the theatre for the rest of the summer. Yippee! Yahoo! Hurray!
Ain't no cure for the Summertime Blues.

No comments: