Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Booklist

The Sandman Volume 1: Preludes and Nocturnes by Neil Gaiman, Sam Keith, Mike Dringenberg and Malcolm Jones III
I never read these so I saw the first volume at the library and thought I'd try it. Weird. Not for me. I guess there must be something wrong with me because I don't worship at the altar of Neil Gaiman or Alan Moore. I guess I just prefer the superhero stuff. Call me old fashioned.
Chickenhare: The House of Klaus & Chickenhare: Fire in the Hole by Chris Grine
I enjoyed these books. The stories are simple and definitely aimed at kids or younger adolescents. I really love the art. Grine is very talented. (I love his robots on the Shoebox blog) His style seems reminiscent of Bone artist Jeff Smith. It's books like this that make me want to start drawing cartoons again. I understand that Dark Horse won't be publishing anymore Chickenhare books. Too bad. I hope Grine finds another outlet for his art.

No comments: