Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Booklist

The Long Walk by Stephen King
In the near future, where America has become a police state, one hundred boys are selected to enter an annual contest where the winner will be awarded whatever he wants for the rest of his life. The game is simple - maintain a steady walking pace of four miles per hour without stopping. Three warnings, and you're out - permanently.
I heard that Frank Darabont is considering making this book into a film so I thought I'd re-read it. I think it would make an interesting film. It's an intriguing story. Darabont seems to do well with King adaptations. He's done 3 really good ones so far. I just wonder why he doesn't branch out and tackle some other authors. I heard that he was interested in Robert R. McCammon's Mine at one time. I wish he'd film McCammon's Boy's Life. I think he could do it justice.

No comments: