Friday, November 13, 2009

A Break in the Routine

My routine has been shot to Hades ever since the fire that damaged the theatre. The truth of that hit me this morning as I walked to work. First of all, I used to walk to and from work almost every day but recently have been having to drive due to needing to use the jeep for work-related errands. Second, the route I usually walk is different. It just feels odd. I know change can be good and I know the outcome of all this will be positive but, right now, it just feels odd.
I used to get up at 6:45 am to be in by 8 am. I accomplished a lot while no one was around the first couple hours. In the afternoons, I would head home around 2 pm and have time to work on art before Sarah came home. The last couple weeks I've been going in at 9 am and working longer days. I haven't done any significant art making for quite a while. I had also been walking 3 times a week after work but with it getting dark at 4:30 and the rain, that's not been possible. Everything is just "off." Pile on top of that the added worry of the Greenwood arsons and you've got several pretty stressful weeks.
I hope things will even out soon. I really hope we can be back in the theatre for the first show of 2010. I know routine sounds like a dull thing but it kinda keeps me on track. Right now, I feel like I'm derailed.

No comments: