Thursday, September 22, 2005

Church

I seem to be having doubts about where Sarah and I are attending church. It's a great little church and the people are nice but we are having trouble connecting and it meets at the theatre where Sarah works so that is not so good for her having to be there another day of the week. The trouble is...how to find a church that is right for us. My doubts stem from my recent involvement with the worship band. I really don't enjoy it. I don't seem to be connecting with the other folks and I don't like the disorganization related to getting ready for services. I've always been one to value my time and the time of others. I don't like to feel my time is being wasted. My sense of humor seems to fall flat with these people and my experience doesn't seem to matter. There doesn't seem to be a desire for excellence among them and a "status quo" attitude seems to be prevalent. Last night, one of the members seemed put out to be flexible in a situation where a guitarist is needed but not available. If there's one thing you have to be if involved in church music it's flexible. I don't know what to think. Is it them or is it me or is it a combination of both?

No comments: