Sunday, September 04, 2005

Edmonds

Yesterday, Sarah and I visited Edmonds, Washington, a quaint village nestled next to Puget Sound. We first headed into town, checking out a few shops and antique stores. When it was time for lunch, we soon learned that there are no bargains to be found on food in Edmonds. We settled for an overpriced mexican place where the food was so-so. Next time we come, we're packing a picnic lunch to eat by the water. After strolling through the street market after lunch, listening to the teen jazz ensemble on one end and the "ghost girls" playing violin on the other end, (they were talented but very pale) we headed to the ferry for a ride over to Kingston. The ferry ride was fantastic! It was so great to be on the water. I was so glad I took my jacket because it was downright cold on the boat. But a refreshing cold. I loved it. After finding that Kingston is a very, very small place (translation: nothing to do) , we got ice cream and boarded the ferry for the return trip. It was too short. Being on the water was really great. The smell of the salt air was very, very good for us. Since I am without job and we are on a budget, a longer cruise is out of our reach right now. We hope to take one of the lake cruises in Seattle sometime. Being on the water is so nice. I want to do more of that.

No comments: