Monday, July 16, 2007

Booklist

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J. K. Rowling
Okay, I won't add a description because everyone who cares knows what this book is about. And I'm not really going to review the book since this is a third time read for me and I just did it to get ready for the movie. So, why post an entry at all? Because my loyal fans expect it.
"Hem hem."
Oh, sorry Delores. Well, not much to report yet. Sarah and I haven't seen the movie yet. We're going sometime this week with a friend. To be honest, it's probably best that we waited. I hate crowds. But I am looking forward to seeing the movie. Although not rabid, I'm a fan of what author J. K. Rowling has created. It's a rich universe with good characters. I await the 7th book with anticipation but not enough to stand in line at midnight with thousands of pimply faced teens. No, I'll quietly enter my local department store and pick up a copy on sale. And I'll read it as quickly as possible, not because I want to know so badly it's making me almost wet my pants, but because I want to read it without stumbling over some spoilers on the internet or the tube. I am one of those people who likes to be surprised by what will unfold in the book.
So, there you have it.
"Hem, hem."
Yes, Delores?
"This is the worst review you've ever submitted. I'm afraid it's detention for you, young man. And I may have to subject you to a lifelong ban of writing. That will teach you, you Muggle!"
Yes, Delores...stupid bit...
"What did you say?"
Nothing.

No comments: