Thursday, July 19, 2007

Booklist

Girl Genius Volumes 2 - 5 by Phil & Kaja Foglio
Agatha Clay starts out as a seemingly befuddled apprentice to a robot builder and turns out to be a "spark" (one with amazing technological abilities) and a long lost member of the legendary Heterodyne family. What ensues is one long chase as several factions try to find her for their own reasons.
I am enjoying this series much more than I thought I would. I enjoyed Phil's artwork back in the 80's when he was doing Myth Adventures but his art has grown so much since then. And it actually continues to get better with each volume. This last one had me in awe of some subtle things he had done. The story is moving along at a good clip, the characters are good, the humor is good, but the art is what keeps me coming back.

No comments: