Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Fremont Peak Park

Before I went to the doctor yesterday (back pain...going to chiro soon) I searched out Fremont Peak Park. I had heard about it on a neighborhood blog and decided to visit. It's approximately 35 blocks south of us. It's one of those hidden treasures you sometimes find out about. It's a really cool little park with views of the Ship Canal, Mt. Rainier, downtown Seattle, the Space Needle, Ballard, Magnolia, and Queen Anne. Rainier wasn't out but you could see everything else. You can see the top of the Space Needle over Queen Anne hill. This will give you out-of-towners a perspective of how close to downtown we actually live.
I really enjoy discovering things like this especially when they are so near us and I had no clue. Seattle is chock full of little surprises like this. It's a great city to explore.




No comments: