Monday, June 11, 2007

Windy Sunday

On Sunday, after Sarah got back from a bridal shower, she and I headed to Golden Gardens for a stroll on the beach. It was quite windy but it was sunny and the clouds were just awesome. The tide was somewhere in the middle which was new for me (it's either in or out when we go) and the waves were kicked up a bit due to the wind. Sarah found a seat next to some driftwood and I started taking pictures. We weren't there more than an hour and I took 113 pics. I put some of the best ones up on my photo site.
Toward the end of our time there, this black cloud rolled in and intermittently obscured the sun. At one point, the sun was blocked but there were sunbeams peaking through here and there. It was quite beautiful. Since we hadn't dressed warmly enough we started getting cold. After a brief stop at Blockbuster, we headed for home.
I love the beach here. It's so different from the beaches at home and yet it makes me think of home. I should go more often.

No comments: