Monday, August 06, 2007

I Am Hung!

Carlo arrived late to my opening party on Sunday. The coffeehouse had closed and a bunch of us were hanging out on the sidewalk. He looked at me and said, "Are you hung?" What could I say to that but, "Yes I am!"
I now have 34 pieces of art hanging at Hotwire Online Coffeehouse in Shoreline. Hanging the show was a challenge due to the fact that the place was pretty busy. We had to dodge around people at computers to get it all done. We started hanging at 3 and finished in 1.5 hours. The folks at the coffeehouse didn't know we were having an opening party. They also didn't know about the guitarist that showed up to play. There were a few communication snafus but it all worked out in the end.
The "opening" was from 5 to 8 and we had people there the whole 3 hours. It was great. The crowd consisted mostly of friends from church. What a great bunch they are. It's so great to be in a church that supports the arts. They dodged bodies at computers to look at the art and asked great questions afterward. We sat around chatting, laughing and drinking coffee until the place closed at 8. It was fun.
I'm glad that this show is up because I can now focus my attention on new things. Onward and upward. Many of my friends believe, as I do, that greeting cards with my images on them would sell. One of my tasks will be to find a source for printing cards at an affordable rate. In the immediate future I have to finish 4 images to send to the alumni show at University of West Florida in Pensacola. I have been inquiring about other shows and hope that something materializes in the next couple of months. I have a show in January but I'd like to have something in between to keep my stuff out there. I am going to take each little success as it comes but continue to produce work regardless of what the future holds.

1 comment:

becca said...

Sounds very cool! Congratulations!