Sunday, August 12, 2007

"Mr. DeMille, I'm Ready for my Close-Up."

Sarah and I auditioned for the Christmas musical at our church. We were both nervous. She because it's a musical and she doesn't really sing but she tried anyway, (Way to go, baby!) and me because I haven't sung in over 3 years and my voice isn't what it used to be. Casting will take place over the next couple of weeks and we'll hear the results when they're ready. I would really love to have a part but I totally trust Jeff (writer/director) to cast in the best interest of the production. Sarah and I left last year with our cast in mind and we were very, very close. Of course, I left auditions last year just knowing that there wasn't a part for me but I got a small part and it was fun. We'll see what happens this year.
I was really bummed to find out that a couple of our friends aren't auditioning this year due to conflicts with work schedules. That makes me so sad. I told Steve that, if I get a part, he'll just have to come hang out with me anyway. We had a blast last year!

No comments: