Monday, August 13, 2007

June Cleaver Lives!

The Southern Baptists are at it again. I just read on a friend's blog that Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary (yes, I have a degree from there and I've never been prouder) "is introducing a new academic program in homemaking to as part of an effort to establish what its president calls biblical family and gender roles."*
This is just sad. I spent many a year fighting to try and get the Baptists to move forward and now they're moving backward. Perhaps they've invented a time machine and are going to change our present and future by seeding the past with a gaggle of Suzy Homemakers. Perhaps they got the idea from Mars Hill pastor Mark Driscoll who is trying to turn Seattle into a Christian city by convincing the women in his congregation to stay home and have babies. What are these people thinking? I'm at a loss for words.
If you want to read the full article, go here.

1 comment:

becca said...

I just read this article... I'm shocked, embarrassed, insulted.
I wonder what Martha & Mary would say to this one? Jesus said that the better place was learning at his feet, not the kitchen...