Monday, April 27, 2009

Skagit Valley Tulip Festival

We spent yesterday with Marshall and Joan at the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival. We've been wanting to go since we moved here but just haven't had a chance until now. I'm glad we went for various reasons. 1) We had a great time. 2) We saw some beautiful scenery 3) We had a terrible week and this helped us take our minds off of losing Mickey.
I'm so glad that Marshall drove because I would have lost my mind in the traffic. It was terrible. Once we got up there, we stopped at 2 tulip fields and Roozengaard. The fields were beautiful. Roozengaard was beautiful too but overcrowded. That's where all the tourists were. AHHHH! I hate crowds!
After our flower-ful day, we grabbed dinner at Olive Garden in Everett. Between us, we took care of the bill with gift cards. Nice! After that, Sarah and I came home and crashed.
I took a few pictures but the one of us was taken by Marshall. It's a keeper.

No comments: