Sunday, August 07, 2005

Modern Maskil Moment

Hopeless, Etc.
by Gene Eugene

I'm hopeless
Hopeless and tired
Will you give me the sign I'm looking for?
I am mired with the earnest and the sight-inspired
Hopeless

I'm helpless
Helpless and silent
Can you return my voice?
You left me mute and defiant
But I can't get my hands untied
Helpless

I'm useless
Useless without you
It's my fault
I am withered, I am weak
And about to find out why I'm so into being
Useless
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I feel this way.
Hopeless and tired.
Looking for a sign that never comes.
Surrounded by seemingly happy people while my world seems to crumble.
Wishing God would return my voice, my ministry, the life I was comfortable with.
And now I am mute and defiant. Silent and angry.
Hands tied unable to act.
Useless, yes.
But more useless without you.
There was a time when I could be alone.
Now I can't imagine life without you.
It is my fault.
Nobody's fault but mine.
But I am withered, weak, tired and fed up with life.
I am afraid I am becoming too comfortable being weak.

No comments: