Thursday, August 25, 2005

Trinity: A Memorial

My beloved cat, Trinity, passed away last night. Details are unimportant and it's just to hard to think about. The vet said she probably had a heart attack. She was gone long before we got her there. Man, did I love that cat. She took up outside my apartment in Columbia and, after a few days, I just couldn't resist her feline charms any longer. I took her in. I tell people that she adopted me because she knew to hang out on the doorstep of the biggest sucker in the universe. We never knew how old she was. Best guess was somewhere around 12. Sarah and I will miss her terribly. She was a great cat. Sweet and quirky, with her own unique personality. She had the biggest eyes...very expressive. When she looked up at you and meowed, you just couldn't resist her. It's amazing how attached we get to our pets. I wish I could hold her and pet her one last time. Trinity, you were my baby. I love you.

No comments: