Sunday, December 14, 2008

Booklist

Batman: Dark Victory and Catwoman: When in Rome by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale; The New Teen Titans Archives: Volume 1 by George Perez, Marv Wolfman & Romeo Tanghal
Yes, my graphic novel streak continues. After reading The Long Halloween, I had to continue the story with Dark Victory and When in Rome. This is really good stuff. I suppose that's the downside to not keeping up with comics anymore...missing the really extraordinary stuff. The upside is not being broke. I really like the way Loeb tells a story. So far, I've liked everything I've read by him. Sale's art continues to grow on me to the point where I think I like it a lot. He still does a few weird things that I don't care for but, for the most part, his moody art suits Batman to a T.
I also checked out a bunch of stuff by Perez and company, especially the Teen Titans stuff. I collected these the first time around. (Unfortunately I don't have them anymore) These first few issues set the stage for future greatness. The art and stories got better and better as time went on. I look forward to reading the other 2 collections I checked out. (Terror of Trigon and The Judas Contract) You'll be hearing more about these later.

No comments: